Saturday, July 26, 2008

July 26th

Oops...this blog was posted on the wrong site...Oops..

Today Mom is back to being out of it again. I called this morning for an update and she was still pretty alert. She was asked if she wanted food and she declined. She didn't want any liquids either. I think she is fearful of choking as it has become hard for her to swallow.

When Debbie had gotten there around 10, Mom was out of it..apparently she had become agitated and was also having trouble taking her morphine. And, her right leg was very restless (which is part of her disease). She was given some Adavan (sp) and that combined with the morphine has knocked her out. She has not had any food or liquid since Monday the 21st. I don't know how long someone can go without that, especially in a very weakened state.

More later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C--
I'm sorry to hear about all that is going on with your parents. :( I'm sure you've heard by now that I'm filling in for a bit at work. Just wanted to stop by and say that it won't be the same without you there! :( I'll have to bring Sammy by sometime when you're back at work so I can see you and you can see how big the little man has grown! Thinking about you.
cindy

mandy said...

Hey, thinking about you. In my prayers.
Love you.