Monday, September 29, 2008

The Homestead

Today we went from Craig, Colorado to Midway, Utah.
Here is Reg, the Photo Dude! Since today was an easy day, we made lots of photo stops..the scenery went from dull to spectacular and back. As we were getting near to Midway, we came down a canyon with incredible fall colors.
We are staying at The Homestead Resort. My family stayed here in 1968. I was looking through the AAA Tour Book for Utah to see if it was listed. I had no idea if it was still in operation. It still is and it is fantastic. I don't remember a lot of specifics, except for the pool. I was only 10 when we were here. I remember it being a lot of fun. The pool HAD a diving board and also a ladder that you jumped from onto a trampoline and into the water..It's not there anymore..gotta love liability insurance!
It was about 80 degrees here! It's such a pleasant place to be!
This is a picture of the main building. I remember it being all white. I have some of our trip in 1968 on video, so I want to take a look again..
This is the patio outside of our room.
This is our room..it's small but very quaint..



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sister!!!!